Clemente Course in Humanities in Australia
Clemente Australia (Clemente) is a ground-breaking university education program that aims to break the cycle of poverty, inequity and social injustice for Australians facing multiple disadvantages and social isolation.
Clemente's goals are to:
- enhance participants self-confidence through rigorous learning and so bringing about personal change
- promote a positive view of the future for those who have been marginalized from society thus enabling them to re-engage with society
- make university education accessible to disadvantaged Australians
- use the potential of Humanities education to change lives and promote social inclusion
- engage in genuine inter-sectoral collaboration for the benefit of disadvantaged Australians.