Institute for Advancing Community Engagement (IACE)
Hope: Engage, Learn Transform, Believe
Welcome. The Institute for Advancing Community Engagement (IACE) facilitates University-community partnerships that enhance the wellbeing and dignity of people and their communities locally, nationally and internationally.
Beyond Today - hope for a better tomorrow
IACE's Beyond Today agenda of hope for a better tomorrow gives priority to the University's commitment to work with people and communities affected by disadvantage and social isolation through community engagement, scholarship and research.
For more information:
- Community Engagement flagship projects
- ACU's Community Engagement Report (PDF, 2.4 MB)
- Catholic Identity and Mission
- Stories from ACU's Community Engagement
Students and Alumni
Community engagement is part of a student's education at Australian Catholic University (ACU).
- Students and Alumni
- Student Community Engagement Opportunities
Adelaide | Ballarat | Brisbane | Canberra | Melbourne | Sydney - North Sydney - Strathfield | International
Partners in community, government and business
Community engagement is based on values and principles. Fundamental to these are the two guiding principles of Reciprocity and Transformation.
Scholarship and Research
- ACU's community engagement scholarship and research strengths are in the fields of common good and social justice, health and wellbeing, education and theology and philosophy.
- Higher degree and post graduate students are encouraged to join our cross-disciplinary research teams.