“The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new lands but in seeing with new eyes”
Marcel Proust (1871-1922)
These headlines differentiate the Wisdom Lab from traditional Executive Education. The Wisdom Lab:
- has a curriculum taken from the Humanities and Social Sciences and not the Business Sciences.
- use primarily Cognitive Adult Learning methodologies above all traditional methods of learning and development.
- is a seamless holistic experience that looks at every aspect of the highest performing leader:
- intellectual agility
- mental models
- presence and gravitas
- self esteem
- view of others
- creative collaboration
- wellness in every aspect of exercise, energy, rest, nutrition and play
- mindfulness and mental health
- combines the business experience of the participant cohort with the Humanities and Social Science curriculum into a seamless holistic experience.
- uses a Transformative Developmental approach that grows and changes the way the thinking is constructed.
How is the approach different?
“Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof.”
John Kenneth Galbraith
Social psychology shows convincingly why and how Galbraith’s wisdom is true and it provides tools to make changing your own mind and others’ much easier. The Wisdom Lab focus on helping leaders to change their minds and show them the benefits of this effort. It shows them how to stop proving they don’t need to.
How does it feel different?
“When faced with complexity and ambiguity the real project is to cope with the anxiety and fear that come up in us.”
If leaders are not sure they will like the answer they will avoid this question; “What is really going on here?” Leaders must manage their anxiety so they can take a much closer look at the answer. The Wisdom Lab lets leaders understand that anxiety and not run away; lets leaders feel how good it is to manage that anxiety, and lets leaders see how incredible it is to have space to think when that anxiety is managed.
Page last updated: 2017-06-28
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/763254