Graduate Certificate in Business Administration (Executive) NRL
A Graduate Program Customised for NRL Leadership
NRL Graduate Certificate in Business Administration (Executive)
The NRL have partnered with the ACU to present a new opportunity for you to gain a unique postgraduate qualification. ACU’s postgraduate business program has been customised to tackle the specific challenges and opportunities facing not just the sporting world, NRL and elite high performance sports leadership, but also, the issues facing the global business environment. It is designed to introduce leadership strategies using issues facing NRL leaders now and in the future.
The qualification is designed for:
- Recently retired NRL players with a desire to become leaders in sports administration
- Coaches and assistant coaches who need a leadership qualification for their coaching career or who would like to transition to administration
- State Cup and Club administrators looking for a formal leadership qualification
- NRL Central managers with long term leadership aspirations.
The qualification will enhance governance, innovation and financial management skills in the business of high performance sport.
The NRL Graduate Certificate in Business Administration (Executive) covers four units over a ten-month period. It is a complete qualification but you may decide to extend your studies into a Master of Business Administration Executive or the Master of High Performance Sport.
The aim is to strengthen your general business skills and develop crucial capabilities in the following areas:
- Business skills for leadership in an elite sporting environment
- Financial skills to optimise decision making specific to the NRL
- Approaches to business governance and social responsibility
- Corporate governance and risk management principles
- Effective people and change management approaches.
Each of the four units will be delivered in seminar format, rather than traditional lecture style. Assessment is based on demonstrated understanding of concepts and processes, and the ability to apply learnings to current issues facing the NRL. You will be working on real projects relevant to contemporary NRL issues.
The units are:
- Corporate Governance and Risk Management
- Accounting for Decision-Making
- Strategic Management for Sustainability
- The Business of High Performance Sport.
Participants are expected to have significant experience or a Bachelor degree.
Fees are $3,650 per unit or $14,600 for the complete qualification.
A Student Services Fee of $180 per annum is also payable per participant, and textbooks may need to be purchased for each unit.
After completing the graduate certificate qualification participants can pathway into the Master of Business Administration (Executive) or the Master of High Performance Sport. The ACU MBA Executive is rated as one of the top 10 MBAs in Australia*.
* GMAA Ratings and CEO Magazine.
Reserve your place today
If you're ready to strengthen your business skills with a unique and specialised qualification, reserve your place today.
For more information or to discuss your application contact Peter Anthony at Peter.Anthony@acu.edu.au or call 02 9739 2836.