Indigenous Research Committee
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic) (Chair)
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research) or nominee
- Director, Centre for Indigenous Education and Research
- Academic Coordinator, Dhara Daramoolan Indigenous Higher Education Unit
- Academic Coordinator, Jim-baa-yer Indigenous Higher Education Unit
- Academic Coordinator, Weemala Indigenous Higher Education Unit
- Academic Coordinator, Yalbalinga Indigenous Higher Education Unit
- Indigenous researcher from another university
- Member from each Faculty nominated by the Executive Dean
- Research Coordinator
Terms of Reference
To debate, advise and make recommendations to the University Research Committee and Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic), as appropriate, regarding current and emerging issues in relation to Indigenous research, including:
- development, implementation and review of the strategic direction for Indigenous research;
- fostering a culture of Indigenous research and research training across the University;
- increasing Indigenous participation in research;
- University submissions on Indigenous research;
- staff development programs for staff involved in Indigenous research and/or supervision of postgraduate Indigenous students;
- input, as appropriate, to the University's Human Research Ethics Committee;
- monitoring Indigenous research postgraduate scholarships and the Indigenous Studentship Scheme;
- reporting on the University's Indigenous research projects and their outputs.
The Committee reviews its procedures as it deems necessary and recommends accordingly to the University Research Committee.
More InformationMode of Operation: Membership of the Indigenous Research Committee (IRC) is appointed by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic). The appointment term for nominated members is two years; members may be considered for subsequent terms of office.
- Date of Establishment:
- The Indigenous Research Committee (IRC, previously known as Indigenous Research Advisory Group) was established in October 2003 and retitled in 2009.
- Meeting Frequency:
- 2 times per year
- Responsible Officer:
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic)
- Executive Officer:
- Senior Administrative Officer, Centre for Indigenous Education and Research