Ballarat is just a one-hour drive from Melbourne and is also connected by train and coach services.
There are bus services Monday to Saturday throughout the Ballarat area including a bus that runs along Sturt Street. Students arrive from the bus at Talbot and Sturt Street, which is one block away from the campus. Find out more about the bus services at the Davis Bus Lines site.
Regular daily train services are available to Melbourne and most country centres. You can find more information – and plan your journey – on the Public Transport Victoria website.
The campus is so centrally located that everything is within walking distance. Students are encouraged to carpool, ride bikes, or walk.
However, the directions to drive here are:
- turn off the Western Highway at the first exit sign into Ballarat – 500m beyond the Big Woolshed/Brewery Tap Hotel
- proceed west into the city and through the built-up area for about 4km
- turn right at the Hungry Jack's traffic lights into Mair Street and follow this road that swings around to the left
- proceed west along Mair Street for approximately 3km
- pass under the connecting overpass between Base Hospital (left) and St. John of God Health Care (right)
- the Ballarat Campus is 300m beyond the hospitals on the right.
Limited off-street parking is provided on campus property. Street parking is subject to council parking restrictions.